Image Map

Saturday 19 April 2014

P.S. Cafe (Dempsey Road)

Hello all, went to PS Cafe (Dempsey road) last week with Le Army friends. Wanted to try WildHoney at first but the queue's really long so we decided to change our plans and eat at PS Cafe instead.

How to get there ?
It's pretty inaccessible so i would recommend one to :

1) Drive there,
2) Take a shuttle bus from a few places. 
The link below will show you a few places where you can take the shuttle bus that will bring you to Dempsey Road.
3)Take public bus : Bus Lines: 7, 77, 106, 174

Really Love the Organic theme, Doesn't it look like a secret cafe in some enchanted forest.
 
Area's Pretty Big !
I must say that the cakes on display looks really good, but its damn pricey. I've exceeded my budget for the day after spending a bomb on the main course and the side dish so I'll most probably come back another day to try the cakes and desserts.

Here are some of the Cakes/Desserts on display:
Flour-less Orange Cake With Orange Butterscotch

Ultimate Fudgy Brownie


Muffins & Other Cakes

Pineapple Meringue Pie

Coconut Bakewell Tart

Golden Banana Butterscotch Cake
 Now for the Main course:
PS Burger



Burger's one of the best sellers but it's extremely pricey ($30), the most expensive main course I've eaten so far. BUT, at least the portion's quite big and it's really filling. The beef's really well cooked, really tender and delicious. The unique thing about this dish is the sauce that comes together with it. It tastes like a mixture of Mayonnaise and Tom Yam. I would say probably a ratio of (7 Mayo : 3 Tom Yam), which is surprisingly a great mix. I feel that this Asian inspired sauce really compliments the Western dish well which is quite commendable.
 
Truffle Fries
Not the best truffle fries I've tasted, but at least I won't get bored of the taste after eating it for a while. The Mayo-Tom Yam Sauce from the PS Burger goes perfectly with the fries.

P.S. Big Bacon & Eggs
Not my dish so i can't tell if it's really good. But, at least it looks quite expensive and appetizing. Can definitely do without the baked beans :)


Harro
Overall, I would say that this Cafe serves pretty awesome food. A pity that i didn't get to try the cakes/desserts because it'll really burn a huge hole in my wallet for that day. Food's a little pricey but what do you expect from a cafe located at Dempsey Hill? Nevertheless, I really like the scenery and the architecture of the Cafe. A really good place to hang out and chill with my bros.

PS Cafe
28B Harding Rd
Singapore 249549

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment